38 Million
English, French
Canadian Dollar

Canada is a huge country of diverse peoples, lifestyles and landscapes. It offers a multiplicity of top quality education programs of interest to international students. Many Canadian educational institutions provide special services for international students, designed to assist them to integrate into the academic community and to help them throughout their stay. 

Our services are directed towards assessing and matching students from the Indian sub-continent with the philosophy, requirements, academic offerings and resources of Canadian universities. ACHIVIA assists the students through the entire application process from the identification of the programs of study to the actual enrollment.

Why Study In Canada?

  • Canadian universities offer an internationally renowned education, some of them are ranked in the top 100 by reputable ranking agencies, hence attract students from around the world.
  • Canada is a multicultural country. Regardless of student's ethnic origin, student will feel at home in Canada.
  • Canadian campuses healthy and safe. According to the World Bank, many of Canadian cities rank amongst the best places in the world to live, work and study.
  • Tuition and the cost of living in Canada are lower than in other countries such as Australia, the United Kingdom and the United States.
  • Students will find excellent professors, reputable scientists, and world-renowned artists and writers as part of the faculty at Canadian universities.
  • World class libraries and sports facilities, museums and art galleries, theatres and concert halls: Canadian campuses have it all, including radio stations, newspapers and stores that are run by students.
  • Canadian universities are well equipped technologically with the latest in computer labs, wired classrooms and Internet access from campus.
  • Canada offers a high quality of life.

More than 400,000 international students chose Canada in 2016. One of the major reasons that makes Canada a dream destination for education is that some international students who have graduated from Canadian Institution are allowed to apply for permanent residency visa without moving out of the country. Also, it’s a fact that over 90% of students who graduate from Canadian institutions get employed in their field of studies within 6 months after graduation. 

There are two major steps to take if students wish to come to Canada to study at the post-secondary level (in Canada the term post-secondary is commonly used to refer to tertiary or advanced education). First, students must be accepted in programs of study by a recognized Canadian post-secondary institution. Second, students must apply for and be granted a student authorization and visa from Canadian immigration authorities. These procedures take considerable time, and students should apply six months to a year in advance of when they wish to begin study in Canada.

The academic year generally runs from September to April. Spring and summer courses are available in some cases. Some institutions operate on a semester or trimester system which allows them to accept students to begin studies in September, January, or May. 

English and French are Canada's two official languages. At most universities and colleges, instruction is in one of the two languages, although a few uses both. Students applying for admission must satisfy the institution's language proficiency requirements in the language of instruction. 

Degrees Offered

The following qualifications are available at Australian universities and approved higher education providers. 

Certificate Level, Duration –One year 

Diploma, Duration –one or two years 

Advanced Diploma, Duration –two or three years, which leads to a Bachelor’s Degree 

Bachelor’s Degree, Duration –four years of full-time study 

Post Graduate Diploma, Duration –one or two years 

Master’s Degree, Duration –one or two years 

Doctorate or PhD, Duration –four to seven years, is the highest degree offered. 

The education system of Canada encompasses both public funded & private institutions. There are as many as 90 Universities and 175 Community colleges for students to choose. Canada is a leader in second-language training. Many educational institutions offer beginner's and upgrading programs in English and/or French as a Second Language. Sometimes, the language courses are offered before students begin their regular academic program, and sometimes they can be taken at the same time. 

Admission Requirements 

The particular requirements of taking admission into various academical programs in Canada vary from institution to institution as every institution has a different criterion of the minimum qualifications required for their courses. But the basic requirements are: 

  • Academic Qualifications: The minimum admission average is determined annually.
  • English Language Proficiency score: IELTS / TOEFL
  • GRE Scores (as per specification given by the Institutions, not mandatory for all)

Grade Point Average (GPA) 

GPA achieved by a student during an academical program calculated on various scales and varies with institution. Some may evaluate a student on a 4-point scale while others do it on a 9-point scale

Graduate student fees vary greatly depending on the program and province of study. Most provinces charge higher fees for international students (known as differential fees), and some offer a limited number of exemptions from the higher fees. 

On an average, a student needs to pay a minimum of CA$12,000 to as high as CA$40,000 per year as tuition fee. 

Other than tuition fees, an international student need to pay the following 

  • Institution administration fees of around CA$100,
  • International student application fees from around CA$250
  • Compulsory fees for student services of CA$500-1,000 and
  • Processing fees for a study permit (currently CA$150 with a biometric processing fee of CA$85). 

Scholarships and Financial Aids 

Some financial assistance is provided by Canadian universities for international graduate students. Competition is keen, and application must be made along with the application for admission to graduate school. Some provincial governments reserve a portion of their graduate scholarships for international students. Inquiries about scholarships should be made one year before planned enrolment.

Students must meet the costs of study and living in Canada. Citizenship and Immigration Canada requires proof that the student has sufficient money available. If the institution provides a cost-of-living estimate, the immigration officer will generally follow it. In the absence of a cost-of-living estimate, the immigration officer will require evidence of $10,000 - 15,000 (depending on the area of study) to cover 12 months living expenses for a single student. This amount includes food, accommodation, transportation, medical insurance, books, clothing, and sundries. Tuition and other student fees are not included in this amount. These are minimum estimates. 


Students from warmer climates must expect to spend a considerable amount of money in the first few months on winter wear such as coats, boots, sweaters, and gloves. On the campus, most students dress informally. 

Since the winters are cold in most parts of Canada, an adequate warm clothing budget is a must. 

Expect to spend US $250 - $350 for proper winter clothes. 

Medical expenses: 

It is imperative that every student and dependent obtain medical and hospital insurance. Public medical and health insurance plans are administered independently by each province, and some private or supplementary plans are available.

In Canada, a student visa is often referred to as a 'study permit'. After being accepted by an institution for a program of study in Canada, student should apply for a student authorization at the nearest Canadian diplomatic mission. 

For expedient processing, it is recommended that applications be filed at least three months prior to the commencement of classes. Visas are issued at the same time as the student authorization. In order to apply for a student authorization, the following documents are required:

  • A valid passport
  • Proof of acceptance letter from the college/university
  • Proof of identity
  • Proof of financial support

Depending on your case you may also need:

  • Letter of explanation
  • Certificat d'acceptation du Québec (CAQ)
  • Custodian declaration (minors only)
  • Other documents

During the Study

Students may work on the campus of the publicly funded post-secondary institution at which they are enrolled on a full-time basis without an employment authorization. Students may also apply for an employment authorization if: the employment is certified by the student's educational institution as being an essential and integral part of student's course of study, e.g. a cooperative program. If this is the case, students may apply for the employment authorization at the same time as the student authorization and there is no additional fee for the employment authorization in this case. This facility of employment authorization is also available to those who have completed a university program and wish to work for up to one year in employment related to their field of study. 


International graduates from Canadian higher education institutions may have the opportunity to work in Canada for up to three years following the completion of their program. 

If you graduated from a designated learning institution, you may apply for a work permit under the Post-Graduation Work Permit Program (PGWPP). This work experience can help in qualifying for permanent residence in Canada. There are several programs available, each with its own requirements.

Q. Am I eligible to study in Canada?

A. Each university has its own entrance requirements and will assess the student on an individual basis. The university will determine the equivalency of student's academic credentials. There is no nationwide set of entrance exams.

Q. What is the difference between a university and a college?

A. Universities are educational institutions attended after at least 12 years of school, or after secondary school, for studies leading to a degree and research. All universities offer three or four-year bachelor’s degree programs; most offer one to two-year master's degrees and a number also offer doctoral or PhD programs. Some universities are called colleges, and a few are called institutes, university colleges, or schools. Community colleges are two-year institutions that offer technical or vocational courses, or courses for transfer to a university, leading to a certificate or diploma. Community colleges do not generally offer degree programs.

Q. How do I apply?

A. To study at a Canadian university, student must first be accepted in a program of study by a recognized Canadian university. ACHIVIA assists the students in determining which programs to study, which universities meet students' needs, and the subsequent application procedures. But it is important to apply early. Generally, international students should apply to a Canadian university up to 8 to 12 months in advance. Typical entry points for international students are the September and January semesters.

Q. When Should I apply for my study permit?

A. Apply as soon as you receive your letter of acceptance. The times needed to process your application may vary among visa offices.

Q. What are the language requirements?

A. IELTS (International English Language Testing System) exam scores are the most common language requirements for Canadian universities. TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) scores are also accepted in almost all Universities.

Q. Will my degree be recognized in other countries?

A. A degree from a Canadian university is recognized around the world and is usually equivalent to an American degree or a degree from another Commonwealth country. Professional and specialized programs such as medicine, nursing and engineering are accredited by reliable and reputable agencies. Current and new academic programs are regularly reviewed by provincial, institutional, or regional bodies to ensure quality standards. Canada does not have an institutional accreditation process similar to that found in the U.S. The closest equivalent to accreditation is the appropriate provincial charter coupled with membership in the Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada. AUCC members offer academic programs of the highest quality, with a reputation that extends far beyond Canada's borders.

Q. What housing is available?

A. Most universities offer the option to live on-campus either in residences designated for international students or in residences generally available to all students on campus.

Q. Do I need health insurance?

A. Yes, you will have to arrange for medical coverage before you arrive in Canada. Medical coverage varies from province to province and sometimes from university to university within each province. The provinces of Alberta, British Columbia and Saskatchewan cover international students under their provincial health care plans. Manitoba, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Nova Scotia, Ontario, Prince Edward Island and Quebec do not cover international students under their provincial health care plans. International students planning to study in one of these provinces must arrange medical coverage through insurance companies.

Q. What are the immigration requirements?

A. To study at a Canadian university, study permit and visa are required. It is best to apply early, as processing of a study permit usually takes one or two months.


We are your pathfinder at each step to your dream of studying abroad.

We've been counselling students for educational Opportunities in Foreign countries and have been helping them realise their dream of studying abroad.

Our students are now working in:



Why Should You Choose Us?

Achieving big dreams can be overwhelming. Let us show you the right path to achieve them!

  • Reliability
  • Individual Care
  • Excellence
  • Quality
  • Personal Attention
  • Efficiency


What Students Say

CALL US +91 7606002979

Ready to kick-start your career? Get Started Now